HIGH CURRENT WATER COOLED CABLES
Over the last decades, FLOHE and LINKWEL have supplied and installed high current cables of all sizes, in far more than 100 electric-arc furnace across the world.
The air cooled cables utilized previously, have been replaced by water cooled ones, required because of the extremely increase power in the electric furnace.
Throughout the world, nowadays nearly everywhere only ultra-high power (UHP) furnace are being installed, equipped with water cooled multi-cables.
We have developed a multi-cable which fully meets with the requirements of advance high powered electric furnace. We have directed our attention in particular towards the following :
- Optimum current transfer and thereby reduced losses,
- Long service life,
- Optimum cooling water flow.
The installation of multi-cables allows for the limitation of the cables between 1 and 4 pieces per phase and thus to achieve a nearly complete phase compensation.
The water cooled cables are designed to the latest technical know-hoe gained from both research and practice, and have remarkable special advantages.
Options are available on the methods of fabrication, our single conductors are pressed or soldered into the cable heads.
The special water passage in the cable guarantees an optimum water flow. Based on a long standing experience, FLOHE LINKWEL has selected the single conductor’s spin of rope and the single wire diameter, in such a way that the mechanical wear is being kept low.
The outer sleeve of the cable consists of an approved quality material with a vulcanized layer of glass fibre on the outside.
In case of extreme intensity of head the cables are provided with an additional heat shielding.
1. Terminals of E-Cu. Made from one solid copper piece in case of Soldered Cables.
2. Non-magnetic banding made of highly resistant
3. Cable SOLDERED and Imported Option of FLOHE Crimped Style on request.
4. Highly abrasive resistant perforated protective tube-Avoids abrasion of the single cable ropes by each Other. THIS IS OPTIONAL. Recommended only above certain ratings.
5. Cable rope of E-Cu (single rope) having special Stranding.
6. Supporting core of highly abrasive resistant material, perforated / SS Non Magnetic Spring for water pressure compensation.
7. Anti-chafing cable sleeve, special design to the FLOHE LINKWEL standard Cable Protection, highly abrasive resistant with Glass Fibre cloth vulcanized, highest temperature resistance and optimum bending properties. Special arrangement of the woven clothe layer.
Range from 1000 MCM to 12000 MCM Upto 18 mtrs.
Machined as per drawings form a single forged solid electrolytic copper rod, thereby providing maximum mechanical and conductivity properties.
Can be Silver plated on request:
- Carbon Free
- Natural Rubber
- Silicon Rubber
Or the combination as per application Heat shielding options
- Fibre Glass
- Aluminized Kevlar
- Anti-brasion Options
CONTOURED MOILDED BUMPERS
SUBMERGED ARC FURNACE (SAF) CABLES
Available in all types of end connections to suit specific furnace applications Adapters and nuts in both copper and brass are manufactured.
Malhotra High Current and Linkwel have supplies several cables to the Ferro Alloys Plants all over India over three decades. These Cables use a special Mechanical Crimping Process , alongwith Soldering of lugs , to give a unique feature to the cable which is the most optimised Water Cooling Effect thereby inproving the life of the cable substantially.
VACUUM FURNACE CABLES
INDUCTION & SMELTING FURNACE CABLES
Available with special anti-corrosive outer covering
CABLES FOR GRAPHITIZATION PLANTS
HIGH FREQUENCY CABLES (Water Cooled)
ARC AIR GAUGING CABLES
CHEMCIAL PLANTS for eg., Calcium Carbide
We now offer the ‘Swivel Cable. The swivel cable is the latest design available with one rotating terminal. It is ideal where the cables are required to move and rotate with the electrode arms. This eliminates kinks, twists to the outer jacket of the cable, thereby increasing the life of the cable substantially.
Cables can be manufactured as per customer specifications and needs. Thus giving us flexibility to make cable of any size, type and dimensions.